This is the best chicken soup there is! I bring the recipe that passed from my grandmother to my mother in our family and it's delicious! I won't lie, it's not very easy to make, but believe me, it's worth the trouble.
I suggest you to follow the exact instructions so you'll get the best result.
Before we start there are some things to care for:
1) The chicken must be fresh and free of any unnecessary fat and skin.
2) It's best if you use mineral water for the cooking, pure and clean.
3) The cooking is slow.You shouldn't let the water boil, just bubble a little.
• 2 whole chicken weigh around 3 kg (6.5 lbs)
• 0.5 kg (1 lb) chicken wings
• 5 liters of mineral water
• 0.5 kg (1 lb) of clean and cut carrot
• 2 onions . Cut in half each • 4 celery leaves . Cut to quarters
• 10 parsley stems
• 1 clean parsley root
• 1 lettuce . Leaves should be soaked in hot water for about 1 min
• 1 leaf of dry bay leaf(or 2 fresh leaves)
• 1 spoon of black pepper - grains
• 1 spoon of kosher salt
• 1 spoon of dill - diced
1) Put the chickens with the wings in a big pot. Add the black pepper and the salt. Cover the chickens with the water (you don't have to use all the water, just male sure the water covers the whole chicken).
2) Put the pot on a medium fire and slowly bring to boiling.
3) When the water start to boil, lower the fire to a minimum and remove any froth (white foam that floats on the water). Don't stop until the water is clear again.
4) Once the water is clear add the other ingredients except the lettuce and the dill. Once everything added increase the heat to medium fire and let it get to boiling. Once again, when that happens, lower the fire to a minimum.
5) Let it cook on the low fire, and once it starts boiling add the lettuce leaves on top of the soup to prevent evaporation and overheating.
6) Cover the pot, but leave a narrow opening. Continue cooking for about 4 hours.
7) Once the soup is ready, filter it. You can throw the veggies away. Separate the chicken meat from the bones and throw the bones as well.
8) Now, you can cut the chicken meat into squares, add a spoon or 2 of the meat to each plate along with the chopped dill and pour the soup over it.
9) Enjoy your soup!
Another great chicken soup recipe.